Independently Contracted Psychotherapist/Psychologist
The Resilience Center is seeking applicants for part-time independent contractor positions. Opportunities exist to grow a full-time caseload if desired. Primary responsibilities will include providing individual, group, and couples therapy. Applicants should have strong interest in running interpersonal process groups. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated to build their caseload and to grow personally and professionally in the position. Interest in psychodynamic, relational-cultural, and interpersonal theories is preferred. Candidates should be licensed in Illinois as a Clinical Psychologist, LCSW, LCPC, or LMFT.
About The Resilience Center
The Resilience Center exists to provide exceptional mental health services to the people of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. A core belief of The Resilience Center is that increased connection with others and within ourselves can facilitate emotional and psychological well-being. The Center is founded upon the beliefs that relationships are vital to psychological health, and that culture is inextricably linked to our relationships and to our personal identities. As such, providers at The Resilience Center practice from perspectives that emphasize developing authentic relationships and affirming intersecting identities. There is a strong focus on relational-cultural and interpersonal approaches to individual therapy. Groups are key to the Center’s philosophy of promoting emotional and psychological health through connection with others. The Center’s ultimate purpose is to facilitate connection, authenticity, and hope among people who are seeking to change their lives.
The practice serves a diverse adult and adolescent population, many of whom express a broad range of gender identities. Populations of special interest include adult children of alcoholics, people with disordered eating problems, college students and young adults, and partners of transgender clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide individual, couples, and group therapy to a diverse clinical population and to individuals of a broad range of gender identities. Depending on individual interest, clinicians may carry an adult-only caseload or may work with a mix of adolescents and adults.
- Maintain a caseload of approximately 12 clients (with the option to grow to a full-time caseload if desired).
- Attend weekly individual supervision meetings.
- Facilitate at least one weekly interpersonal process group or support group.
- Attend regularly scheduled peer consultation groups with other members of the practice.
- Keep up-to-date documentation of all work with clients.
- Participate in networking and marketing events for the practice (attend a minimum of two events per year).
- Hold a completed Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or a related field.
- Express strong interest in systemic and multicultural therapeutic frameworks.
- Strong interest in working in a group private practice setting.
- Experience and interest working with a highly diverse clientele.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience facilitating interpersonal process groups.
- Demonstrated interest and experience performing psychological assessments.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
What we offer you
- Administrative and billing services
- Client referrals
- Marketing and networking opportunities
- Credentialing on insurance panels
- Competitive compensation
Required Application Materials
Applicants should submit the following materials via email:
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the position and your qualifications.
- A current CV
- Names and contact information of at least two professional references
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send Applications by Email To:
Alexis Silas, Psy.D.